Charge Controllers: With the increasing use of USB as a charging technology for portable devices, many OEMs are introducing charge-only ports to a variety of applications, including PCs and automobiles. A charge-only port allows users to charge devices without having to power up a system’s main operating system, resulting in better power efficiency and greater ease-of-use. Pericom’s USB PowerNap Charge controllers support a variety of key charging specifications, including BC1.2, Apple 2A, and YD/T-1591, as well as CDP/DCP data transfer capabilities.
Redriver™/Repeaters: In applications such as PC and industrial computing platforms, the USB controller is commonly integrated onto the main system CPU. This places the USB controller far from the board edge, increasing the distance over high-speed signals must run. Pericom’s Redrivers™ (also known as Repeaters) improve the signal integrity of high-speed USB signals to increase the trace distance and cable length over which data can be reliably transported. Key advantages of Pericom’s technology include:
- Fully certified by USBIF / USB3.0 Compliance Workshop
- Pericom is the only USB3.0 ReDriver vendor listed in USB3.0 Integrators List
- Industry’s smallest USB3.0 ReDriver for Ultramobile Platforms (Smart Phone / Tablet / Ultrabook)
- Industry’s Lowest-Power USB3.0 ReDriver ideal for long battery runtime
- Capable of compensating USB3.0 Channel Loss upto 34~36dB on both Tx/Rx Channels
- Support USB3.0 Link Power Management for U0/U1/U2/U3 and Disable Power states
- I2C or Pin Strap Control for EQ/DE/Output Swing Settings
- 16 EQ Settings and Output Swing Control thru I2C Control
- Industrial Temp Support (-40C ~ +85C)
Timing Crystals: Signal integrity begins at the timing source, and a low-jitter clock ensures that developers have the largest signal margin possible. With its extensive crystal portfolio designed specifically to support USB, Pericom offers a wide variety of frequencies and device footprints to meet the requirements of any USB-based design, including both standalone and on-chip USB controllers.
Switches: Pericom’s USB Switches enable developers to connect multiple USB ports to a single controller, resulting in lower system cost and greater design flexibility, especially for modular based designs utilizing USB as an interconnect. With the best insertion loss (-0.5dB) and return loss ( -27dB) available today, Pericom switches operate at ultra-low power (7uW) in small packaging (QFN) for a wide range of applications, including mobile and high-end system electronics, while providing port protection from electrical damage up to a 5V short. Developers can choose from single, dual, and USB 2.0 and 3.0 combo configurations for both 1.2 and 3.3 V.
Protocol Bridges: Pericom offers unique USB-to-PCIe protocol bridging devices that seamlessly convert between protocols to enable developers to introduce USB to PCIe-based systems. Pericom’s protocol bridges also offer the industry’s lowest power in both operating and standby modes, as well as small packaging.